Recipe by Katie Y
From allrecipes.com. Prep time does not include marinating time. The flavor improves the longer you can let it marinate.
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, grated
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon yellow food coloring
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove skin from chicken pieces, and cut slits into them lengthwise. Place in a shallow dish. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and lemon juice. Set aside 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, onion, garlic, ginger, garam masala, and cayenne pepper. Mix until smooth. Stir in yellow and red food coloring. Spread yogurt mixture over chicken. Cover, and refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours (the longer the better).
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium high heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Cook chicken on grill until no longer pink and juices run clear. Garnish with cilantro and lemon wedges.