Recipe by Chef Otaktay
this is the Ojibaway Sioux's version of Indian Tacos
Top Review by COOKGIRl
I'm not going to star rate this because I had some problems with understanding the directions. The directions read to add the first 10 ingredients but would that include the lettuce. Do I really cook the lettuce, too? So, here's what I did instead: Cooked up local ground buffalo. Set aside. On a platter was arranged fresh tomatoes, various color of bell peppers diced, cheese, shredded lettuce, hot peppers, diced white onion. In small bowls there were whole cooked kidney beans and cooked white rice. Made tostada style because I shaped the fry bread too small to fold them over as tacos. The mushrooms were omitted.
- 1⁄2 cup cooked rice, just a bit
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion
- 1 lb fried buffalo (also use hamburger)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 1 large green pepper
- 3 -5 dashes Tabasco sauce (if you like it hot add lots)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Ingredients for Topping
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 4 diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can red kidney beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first 10 ingredients in a large pot.
- Simmer on low heat for about 2 hours.
- While this is simmering make fried bread.
- Place hot fried bread on a plate,
- Top with sauce, add some shredded cheese on top,
- This will melt a bit add lettuce, tomatoes. And enjoy!
- Note:Use Fried Bread as the base.