1/1 Photo of Indian Tacos (And Fry Bread)
Karen From Colorado's Note:
I love these for a change from regular tacos or burritos. Top with green chili instead of salsa if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fried hamburger
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 3 teaspoons diced mild green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans, heated
Separate Toppings if desired
- shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomato
- sour cream
- sliced black olives
- 1Mix the first 10 ingredients in a large sauce pan or skillet.
- 2Simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes or until fry bread is done.
- 3While this is simmering make fry bread.
- 4Fry Bread:.
- 5Sift dry ingredients.
- 6Lightly stir in milk.
- 7Add more flour as necessary to make a dough you can handle.
- 8Knead and work the dough on a floured board with floured hands until smooth.
- 9Pinch off fist-sized lumps and shape into a flat disk shape.
- 10Fry in fat (about 375°) until golden and done on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- 11Drain on paper towels.
- 12Place hot fry bread on a plate.
- 13Spread a layer of refried beans.
- 14Top with meat sauce and shredded cheese.
- 15Add lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, etc. if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Tacos (And Fry Bread)
Serving Size: 1 (3097 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.0
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 62.4 mg
- Sodium 1189.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.4 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 33.6 g