Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This looks like a tostada on flat bread the way I do it. But there are several ways to cook it.
- 5 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb grated cheese
- vegetable oil
- water (to handle the dough)
- 1 lb hamburger
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped fine
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1 (30 ounce) can refried beans
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, shredded
- your favorite salsa
- sour cream
- Cook ground beef with diced onions and season to taste, set aside.
- Heat up oil really hot, mix flour, salt, and baking powder in big bowl. Mix using water until workable and becomes one large ball.
- Let stand 20 minutes, then take pieces about the size of small softballs. Using your hands roll out to a large saucer / taco size using flour to keep from sticking.
- Now they are ready to put in oil, but be careful they cook fast!
- Top with refried beans, hamburger, and what ever else you like on your tacos and enjoy !