Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love these tacos. So does all of my family, which is amazing because there is always somebody who doesn't like what I have cooked.Not the case with these tacos. Make sure and be really careful when cooking the fry bread. I always eat it because it is sooooo goooood.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
- 2 cups cheese
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomato
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Combine meat, onion, salt, pepper and Tabasco in a skillet; brown.
- Cover and let simmer while making fry bread.
- ---------Fry bread (Directions) ----------------.
- Beat eggs; add milk.
- Stir in baking powder, flour, salt; mix well.
- Roll out very thin on a floured board.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Cut a slash in center of each.
- Fry in oil until brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- These are crisp tacos.
- When fry bread is done, layer with meat, beans, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes. Enjoy!
These were a good change of pace from the usual tacos and burritos.
I can't wait to try this, I love Indian Tacos, I have made them before just throwing in ingrediants - the reason I am commenting is to tell you if you are in a hurry, you can fry some White Pita Bread and it tastes good also.
We had these at a mission trip Indian Pow-Wow about a week ago and these were great! The fry bread is exactly the way it is supposed to be. It will puff up, but then you put on the toppings (not too much) and fold up like a regular hard taco and eat it that way with your hands. It's something fun to try! Thanks for posting!