Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful salad! This is NOT Indian as in curry----but rather Indian, as in American Native. Very simple, looks beautiful, and yummy!! You make the salad, then make the Avery Salad Dressing to pour over the whole salad...let sit about 1 hr. in the fridge to marinate before you serve it, and POOF! It'll be gone before you know it. Promise! I found this recipe many years ago, in a little craft magazine they called "Work Basket".NOTE! The prep time does NOT include the 1 hr. sitting-in-the-fridge time.
Indian Summer Salad
- 4 cups cooked whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh dill
Avery Island Dressing
- 3⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Combine corn, celery, tomatoes, green pepper and dill.
- Pour dressing over all.
- Let marinate about 1 hour before serving.
- Place in bowl lined with salad greens, such as lettuce leaves, if desired.
- Garnish with onion rings and dill.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Beat with rotary beater or shake well until well blended.
- Makes 1 cup.
Delicious and fresh-tasting! The only change I made was to omit the green pepper as one of my kids doesn't care for it, and substitute with chopped cucumber. We all loved it.