Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very pretty and healthy salad with a slight tang from the grapefruit and not a lot of dressing. This is a low sodium heart healthy salad. The Splenda/sugar will need adjusting depending on how much tangy you would like this salad to have. The 30 minute chill time is not included.
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1 grapefruit, cut into bite size pieces
- 6 -8 basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- 1⁄2 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 -3 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute, depends on taste and how sweet the grapefruit is
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and chill 30 minutes.
I need to say that I used an orange as I didn't have grapefruit but I thought that it worked well and that I added a light sprinkle of sea salt. That said, this was enjoyed very much. It was clean tasting, fresh and just plain yummy. :D