Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
What a flavor combo! Thinly sliced ripe tomatoes, zucchini and potatoes are sparked with garlic for extra taste, then baked to perfection.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large idaho potatoes, about 3/4 lbs. each, skin left on
- 2 zucchini, 1/2 lb. each
- 3 tomatoes, 1 lb. total
- 3 garlic cloves
- coarse salt, to taste
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 finely grated lemon, zest of
- Preheat oven to 375o. Lightly grease a 9x13 shallow baking pan with one T. olive oil.
- Cut the vegetables into very thin slices crosswise. Coarsely chop the garlic.
- Lay sliced potatoes along the bottom of the pan, overlapping the slices by half. Drizzle w/ 1 T. olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover the potatoes with the zucchini. Drizzle with another T. of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic, 1/4 C parsley and the lemon zest.
- Next, cover the zucchini with the sliced tomatoes, the remaining T. of olive oil, pepper and the remaining parsley.
- Bake for 50 minute to 1 hr., or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife. Serve hot or at room temperature.
A very adaptable recipe--I basically followed directions, but used small red potatoes, 1 zucchini, 1 tomato and one garlic clove and a small baking dish. It was just the right amount for one or two people. Surus is right--a very flavorful combination. I kept wondering if a layer of onions would work too. Maybe some other time...but this recipe is delicious just the way it is.