Recipe by cajunhippiegirl
Courtsey of Paul Deen. Need I say more. Good ole southern cooking at it's best
- 1 ham hock, about 1/2 lb
- 2 quarts water
- garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrzn baby lima beans
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrzn white shoepeg corn
- 2 cups sliced okra
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon chicken base
- 4 fresh tomatoes, cut into chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Put ham hock in a big pot of water, cover and boil for about 20 minutes to really flavor the water.
- Add baby limas, butter and seasonings and cook until done, when done remove from pan and put into bowl. Reserve liquid.
- In a large skillet, fry bacon until crisp.
- Add corn, okra and a small amount of liquid from beans.
- Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add beans back into skillet,.
- Add parsley and chicken base, cook for about 20 minutes stirring occasionaly.
- Add fresh tomatoes and last 4 tbsp butter right before serving.
- Simmer until tomates are heated through.