Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Simple, easy, yet delicious. This recipe is especially for Ekadasi, but if you aren't fasting, then add a teaspoon each of garam masala and turmeric as well. The full fat feta cheese/paneer and cream will work as well, just I don't like to see the fat floating in the sauce.
- 2 teaspoons ghee
- 1 cinnamon stick (5cm)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 curry leaf, chopped
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot (grated)
- 2 green chilies, slit
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 200 g reduced-fat feta cheese, rinsed (I prefer the Greek-style)
- 6 -8 large tomatoes (peeled, chopped and pureed)
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, use fasting salt for ekadasi (or more to taste)
- fresh thyme, chopped
- fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat ghee. Add ingredient 2-6 and fry for few seconds tilla romatic.
- Add tomatoes and pepper and cook on medium-high for 10 minutes or so, till thick. Lower heat and stir in salt, sugar, cream, herbs and feta and cook for 2 or 3 minutes more.
- Serve hot with baked potato for Ekadasi; Basmati rice for any other day.