Recipe by ashlynn08
Great vegan recipe from better homes and garden!
Top Review by JifSorrell
Was not sure how much onion was supposed to be used, but I used about 1/2 - 3/4 a cup. The flavor was a little too sweet for my taste and just seemed to be missing something. Maybe a little something spicier to offset some of the sweetness?
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2 medium potatoes (cut in 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 medium carrot (cut into 1/4-inch thick slices)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 -3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot (grated)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 medium zucchini (halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- chutney (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the brown rice according to package directions, except omit any salt.
- Meanwhile, spray an unheated 4 1/2-quart Dutch oven with nonstick coating.
- Preheat over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is tender.
- Carefully add the water, apple juice, potatoes, carrot, soy sauce, curry powder, gingerroot, cardamom, and cinnamon.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, zucchini, peas, and raisins to the Dutch oven. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes more or until cauliflower is tender.
- Serve over hot cooked brown rice.
- If desired, serve with chutney.