Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
A recipe from Ricardo posted for ZWT8 India
Green Onion Yogurt
- 236.59 ml plain 10% yogurt
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, tightly packed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 14.79 ml fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml ground turmeric
- 680.38 g lean ground veal
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes or 8 metal skewers
- 8 pita bread
- iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced, to taste
- Green Onion Yogurt: In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate.
- Curry paste: In a small food processor, finely chop all the ingredients. Set aside.
- Skewers: Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- In a bowl, combine the meat with the curry paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- For each skewer, shape 1/8 of the meat mixture into an 18-cm (7-inch) long sausage and thread onto a skewer, pressing the meat. Brush with olive oil.
- Reduce the grill’s heat to medium. Grill the skewers for about 3 minutes per side or until meat is thoroughly cooked.
- For each serving, cover a pita bread with lettuce and top with a kebab. Garnish with green onion yogurt, and top with more lettuce.
- Tips: You can garnish with diced tomatoes and onions.
These were good. I did omit the ginger in the paste, but otherwise mase as written. The flavor was good. Veal is something I rarely have, and was a nice change of pace. Seasonings were good too. DS is a veal lover, and enjoyed this especially. Tagged and made for Holiday Tag.