A recipe from Ricardo posted for ZWT8 India
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Green Onion Yogurt
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, tightly packed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground veal
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes or 8 metal skewers
- 8 pita bread
- iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced, to taste
- 1Green Onion Yogurt: In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate.
- 2Curry paste: In a small food processor, finely chop all the ingredients. Set aside.
- 3Skewers: Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- 4In a bowl, combine the meat with the curry paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5For each skewer, shape 1/8 of the meat mixture into an 18-cm (7-inch) long sausage and thread onto a skewer, pressing the meat. Brush with olive oil.
- 6Reduce the grill’s heat to medium. Grill the skewers for about 3 minutes per side or until meat is thoroughly cooked.
- 7For each serving, cover a pita bread with lettuce and top with a kebab. Garnish with green onion yogurt, and top with more lettuce.
- 8Tips: You can garnish with diced tomatoes and onions.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian-Style Veal Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.1
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 706.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 22.8 g