Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great pizza recipe with an Indian flavour kick to it! The fresh herbs at the end add freshness. This recipe is from a Canadian cheese magazine. Enjoy!
- 4 naan bread or 4 pita breads
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup mango chutney
- 6 ounces baby shrimp (I prefer large chopped shrimp)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, freshly chopped (I use parsley)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Place naan or pita on parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Mix salsa and mango chutney. Spread out evenly on naan or pita.
- Add shrimp and sprinkle with curry.
- Top with cheese and bake 15 minutes.
- While pizzas are baking, mix together cilantro and mint; sprinkle over pizzas once removed from the oven.
- Serve with a salad.
A fun idea that we enjoyed, definitely worth doing again, thank you, Nif!!!! made for Alphabet tag game
Made for ZWT-8 because (altho unfamiliar w/the cuisine & intimidated by it), I had to make something. I found your recipe & it looked twissis-proof, so I was set. Part of my uncertainty was I saw the cuisine as complex & expected to have ingredient issues. I also expected my less adventurous DH to be supportive, but not very excited. I was so happy that your recipe was an ingredient-friendly quick-fix. The result was really tasty & the prep was done in a flash. I used a med-heat salsa, Icelandic baby shrimp & dry variety herbs. Finding the fresh herbs was the 1 ingredient issue I had. As I was snapping the pic in my kitchen, I heard DH say "I really like this!" from our computer rm. You started ZWT by introducing me to Creme Brulee & it appears you've scored another winner. Thx for posting this recipe. :-)
Yum! I used regular sized shrimp and Major Grey's chutney. Don't forget the mint which makes it extra delicious.