Prep 3 hrs
Cook 6 mins
Another tast BBQ recipe from Womans Day. This is so refreshing and tasty. I love it served with pilaf and grilled pitas. Prep time includes marinade time.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled,deveined,tails left on
- 1 lb large scallop, rinsed,tough muscle at sides removed
- 6 skewers, 10 to 12 inch (if bamboo soak in water minimum 1 hour)
- Whisk oil and spices in a large bowl until blended.
- Add shrimp and scallops and toss gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours to let seafood absorb marinade flavors.
- Thread shrimp and scallops on seperate skewers.
- Oil grill rack and place it 4 to 6 inches above hot coals.
- Grill skewers 2 to 3 minutes per side until seafood is lightly browned and just barely opaque in the center.
I'm so excited for how great this turned out. The mix of all those spices gave the seafood such a wonderful smokey flavor with just the slightest bit of heat. I don't have an outdoor grill, but this was the FIRST dish I cooked on my new stovetop grill pan! It came out just perfect!
Superb flavor!!!! Will use again....and again...and again :-)! Thank you for sharing this recipe!!!! xoxo LA :-)
Followed the directions exactly and these turned out wonderful! Even better the 2nd day as leftovers for lunch. Thank you for posting! Running to cure cancer: http://pages.teamintraining.org/va/rnrh10/lselby