Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Hannaford recipe card
Make and share this Indian-Style Seafood Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb mussels, washed and scrubbed
- 1⁄2 lb flounder fillets, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 lb bay scallop
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (or more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- jasmine rice, cooked
- Place the mussels, flounder, shrimp and scallops in shallow bowl. Add lime juice, cilantro and cayenne; toss to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in large heavy pot over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add onion; cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato and tomato paste; cook 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder, coriander, cumin, ginger, and salt and pepper to taste; cook 1 minute. Add coconut milk and water. Simmer 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Bring liquid to boiling. Add seafood; cover and cook 5 minutes or until fish is opaque and mussels are open (discard any that did not open). Top with additional cilantro and serve over jasmine rice.