Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from Ricardo posted for ZWT8 India
Top Review by Debbie R.
What an exquisite soup! Fantastic, full flavor. It would also be good during a time of illness; the spicing seems just right for it. I used a full 1 cup of lentils to avoid any complaints that it was "too thin". The lentils pretty much dissolved into the soup. I forgot the carrot, but the soup didn't seem to lack for anything anyway. One of the best soups I've ever had.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup red lentil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, soften the onion, garlic and carrot in the butter.
- Add the curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the ginger, broth, coconut milk and tomato paste.
- Bring to a boil and add the lentils. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Adjust the seasoning.
- Serve with pan-fried flatbread.