Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mediterranean mixed vegetables given an Indian twist, spiced. I posted this to serve with Indian Style Stuffed Roast Chicken. I have to add that it is also very good with a curry. Simple and cheap to make, anyone can make this dish.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 large courgette, cut into 1/2-inch rings
- 1 large aubergine, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 green pepper, cut into rings
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 14 ounces chopped canned tomatoes
- 1⁄4 pint water
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Heat the oil in a large pot and add the cumin and mustard seeds, fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the courgette, aubergine, pepper, onions ans garlic. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, chili powder, ground coriander, cumin and salt, cook 5 minutes stir so that the mixture does not burn.
- Mix the tomato puree with the chopped tomatoes and the water, add to the pot.Cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes till the sauce starts to thicken.
- Stir in the fresh coriander leaves and the garam masala, cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a meat curry or INDIAN STUFFED ROASTED CHICKEN, super.
Yum - this is a very tasty vegetable curry full of wonderful flavor. And healthy too. We enjoyed it with steamed white rice as part of our vegetarian night. I can see using this recipe to accompany grilled chicken and next time I will serve along with other meat dishes. Thank you Brian for posting another great one!