Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Yet another variation on a theme - adapted from Australian Table magazine
Make and share this Indian Style Pumpkin Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 3 teaspoons mild curry paste, I used Korma
- 1 1⁄2 kg pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 750 ml water
- 270 ml coconut milk
- chopped herbs, eg parsley or coriander
- Heat oil and cook onion for 3 minutes.
- Add curry paste, cook 2 minutes till fragrant.
- Add pumpkin and water.
- Bring to boil and simmer covered for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Puree with stick blender.
- Add coconut cream
- Serve with chopped herbs on top.
An easy pumpkin soup to make, though I thought it was lacking in flavour. The ingredients list coconut milk and then the instructions say to add the coconut cream. I think the Korma paste I used must have been really mild as I think I could have doubled the paste and would like to use maybe chicken stock instead of the water to give extra flavour. Photo to be posted
I made this for lunch today - you MUST add garlic and ginger (1 ts of each). A great base recipe. Made for ZWT8, The Fearless Red Dragons.
Very enjoyable soup and a great way to use up our garden pumpkin that I roasted & froze in the fall. The only thing I would do differently is to use broth instead of plain water, it was just missing that base flavour to me. I guess a lot depends on the curry paste you use - I used a homemade one (Korma Curry Paste), which was very mild and not concentrated like the jarred varieties...so due to that I used a lot more than 2 tsp. Nice belly warming spicy soup!