My mom invented this recipe many years ago and it is great to eat for breakfast, or with rice. I like to eat it with ketchup. My son always wants more!
- Preheat a small nonstick skillet and spread lightly with oil.
- In a small bowl, whip the eggs, Add 2 Tablespoons water and whip until fluffy.
- Add in coconut, onion, red chili flakes and salt to taste.
- Continue to mix until all ingredients are blended.
- As soon as the skillet is hot, pour in the egg mixture. Cook as you would a traditional omelet, making sure that the underside is browned.
- Flip over and continue cooking until the omelet is well done.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
I followed the recipe to the letter and, using Bergy's suggestion, topped the omelet with mango & ginger chutney. My SO thought it was great. Thanks, Blue Peacock!
I haven't had eggs with coconut before so, I tried your recipe. This egg dish had crunch, sweet and spice all rolled into one. An unusal dish. My husband really liked it. I used half the amount of onion called for because my onion had very strong smell and I didn't want it to over power the dish. Half the onion turned out to enough onion for us. Thanks Blue Peacock. Bullwinkle
The coconut gives this omelete a unique pleasant flavor. I did one thing different - I browned the onions first, removed them from the pan and added them when I had poured the omelete in the pan. At first I thought "Coconut in an omelete?" but when I thought about it I use coconut with curries so why not.. I will make this recipe again as an appetizer, roll the omelete tightly cut crosswise, secure pieces with toothpicks & serve with a mango chutney. This recipe is definately worth trying Thank your Mom Blue Peacock for passing this recipe on