Recipe by **Jubes**
Another recipe to serve as a side for an Indian meal. Vegetarian and gluten-free. Posting for ZWT
Top Review by katew
I wrote a review and it has vanished !! So once again this is a fab, versatile recipe and goes with rice, pasta, on toast, with quinoa - anything really ! i give 10 stars for tastiness and versatility. I did add a half a sad, chopped red pepper that was loitering in the fridge. Made for ZWT8.
- 280 g button mushrooms, sliced thickly (10 oz)
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 9.85 ml crushed garlic
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 2.46 ml chili powder (not Mexican style chili powder)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 29.58 ml tomato puree
- 44.37 ml water
- 14.79 ml snipped chives, for presentation
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a medium sized saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and chilli and cook, stirring frequently, for 5-6 minutes. The onion should be soft but not browned.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the cumin, coriander and chilli powder and cook, stirring, for one minute.
- Add the mushrooms, salt and tomato puree. Stir until all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Sprinkle the water evenly over the mushrooms and reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- The sauce should have thickened, but if it appears runny, cook, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes, or until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Transfer to a serving dish, sprinkle with the snipped chives and serve.