1/2 Photos of Indian Style Mushrooms in a Tomato Sauce
Another recipe to serve as a side for an Indian meal. Vegetarian and gluten-free. Posting for ZWT
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 280 g button mushrooms, sliced thickly (10 oz)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (not Mexican style chili powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives, for presentation
- 1Heat the oil in a medium sized saucepan over a medium heat.
- 2Add the chopped onion and chilli and cook, stirring frequently, for 5-6 minutes. The onion should be soft but not browned.
- 3Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- 4Add the cumin, coriander and chilli powder and cook, stirring, for one minute.
- 5Add the mushrooms, salt and tomato puree. Stir until all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- 6Sprinkle the water evenly over the mushrooms and reduce the heat to low.
- 7Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- 8The sauce should have thickened, but if it appears runny, cook, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes, or until you achieve the desired consistency.
- 9Transfer to a serving dish, sprinkle with the snipped chives and serve.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Style Mushrooms in a Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.1
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 304.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 2.4 g