- 200 g mung beans
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 100 g mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and soak the mung beans overnight.
- Rinse and drain and then place in a pot with enough water to cover them.
- Bring to boil and then simmer for 45 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the tumeric, cumin and coriander and fry until they turn brown.
- Add the mustard.
- Add onion, mushrooms and tomato and cook for 5 minues.
- Add the mixture to the mung beans and cook for 15-20 minutes.