Indian Style Kebabs With Cilantro Sauce
- In a food processor, form a paste of the cilantro, onion (not the red), chile, ginger, salt, and 3 tablespoons of the oil; transfer to a large bowl.
- Remove 2 tablespoons of the cilantro paste and combine with the lime juice in a small bowl; mix well, cover, and set aside.
- stir the curry powder into the cilantro mixture in the large bowl; add the steak, turn to coat well, cover, and marinate 20 minutes at room temperature.
- In the meantime, cut the red onion into 6 wedges and seperate each wedge into 2 layers.
- Preheat a grillpan and brush with remaining oil.
- Thread 8 metal skewers with the beef and onions; grill about 8 to 10 minutes, turning every 2 minutes.
- Serve with the cilantro sauce, mango chutney, and na'an, if desired.