Fron "Real Simple" magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (2 cups)
- 1 onion, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 green chili pepper, trimmed and halved with seeds
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled (2 inches)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 lb rib eye steak, cut into 24 chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 1 cup mango chutney
- 4 pieces flat bread (Indian na'an)
- 1In a food processor, form a paste of the cilantro, onion (not the red), chile, ginger, salt, and 3 tablespoons of the oil; transfer to a large bowl.
- 2Remove 2 tablespoons of the cilantro paste and combine with the lime juice in a small bowl; mix well, cover, and set aside.
- 3stir the curry powder into the cilantro mixture in the large bowl; add the steak, turn to coat well, cover, and marinate 20 minutes at room temperature.
- 4In the meantime, cut the red onion into 6 wedges and seperate each wedge into 2 layers.
- 5Preheat a grillpan and brush with remaining oil.
- 6Thread 8 metal skewers with the beef and onions; grill about 8 to 10 minutes, turning every 2 minutes.
- 7Serve with the cilantro sauce, mango chutney, and na'an, if desired.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Style Kebabs With Cilantro Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.7
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 583.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: