Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is kid friendly, so mildly spiced. From La Leche League Int'l - Whole Foods for the Whole Family
- 1 lb green beans, cut into 1-inch diagonal slices
- 1 -3 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or less)
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- Heat 1/2-1 Tbls oil in large skillet or wok, saute mustard seeds until they pop,
- Add a little more oil then add vegetables, cook, stiring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Mix in seasonings, reduce heat, cover and simmer 8-10 minutes
- Stir in lemon juice and serve.
I love green beans and these were delicious. Loved the flavors and it was really quick and easy. Made for ZWT8 for the Diners, Winers and Chives team.
Great new way to do green beans. I really like the mustard seeds in this dish. Made for ZWT8 and The Wild Bunch.
Very good beans. Loved the spices and it's the first time for me using mustard seeds. I cut the recipe down for hubby and me and shouldn't have... we wanted more!! Made for PAC Spring 2011.