Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From La Leche League's Whole Foods for the Whole Family.
- 1 lb green beans (I just use frozen)
- 2 -4 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or less)
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cut beans into 1 inch diagonal slices. (I just use frozen green beans.).
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok.
- Saute mustard seeds until they begin to "pop".
- Add vegetables. Cook, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Mix in seasonings, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and serve.
This recipe is definately a 5 Star! I have never had beans cooked in this stlye and i got to say its probly the best style of green bean iv ever had. And im a huge fan of green beans!
these were good and easy. the only thing is i had no mustard seeds, only powder, so i have no idea how much powder i shoudl have used, so i guessed. i think next time i will add fresh ginger, more coriander (maybe a bit of cilantro instead), and some garlic. thanks for an easy indian veggie!
Really wonderful. Fresh taste that does not interfere with many of the spicier Indian main dishes we make, yet holds its own with flavor. Nice and colorful. Will be made again and again.