Prep 40 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another from "Modern Spice" by Monica Bhide. I haven't made yet but it sounds wonderful to me. Time includes refrigeration.
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon carom seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to start
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- fresh lemon juice (to garnish)
- Combine spices, salt and shrimp in mixing bowl. Toss to thoroughly coat the shrimp. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or more.
- Heat oil in skillet over high heat. Add the shrimp mixture and cook for 1 minute. Reduce heat and cook, stirring often until shrimp are opaque.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkle of lemon juice.