Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 mins
- 400 g fish, firm feshed white, cut into serving pieces
- 4 tablespoons natural yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 hot red chili pepper, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- fresh coriander (to garnish)
- Mix all ingredients except fish in a large non-reactive bowl. Add the fish pieces, coat well, and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, spray with cooking spray and add the fish. Cook for about three minutes, then flip over and cook a further minute or two or until cooked through (depends of course on the thickness of your filllets).
- Serve with a little coriander sprinkled over.
Great and easy-to-make fish recipe! Not overly spicy, just rich and flavorful. I used tilapia which I thought was very good with the marinade. Perfect cooking time too - great recipe - thanks for sharing it!
Fabulous! Had sixteen over for a dinner with an Indian theme of beef, chicken, lamb, veggie and fish curries. All dishes made using Food.com recipes. All came out GREAT but the talapia fish curry was the most favored by all. Easy. Fast. A huge hit with all guests.
This was so darn good! Very easy to prepare and packed full of flavor. Love that it's low in just about everything. It's a keeper. Thanks for posting! :)