Adapted from BHG.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 -6 cups cubed eggplants (1/2 inch cubes)
- 3 cups cubed red potatoes (1-inch pieces)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (or 14.5 oz can tomatoes, cut up)
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1In a 6-quart slow cooker, mix together the eggplant, potatoes, tomatoes (if using canned, include the liquid), and garbanzo beans.
- 2Sprinkle the ginger, mustard seeds, coriander, curry powder, and pepper over the vegetables.
- 3Pour the broth over all.
- 4Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours; adjust seasoning to taste.
- 5Ladle into individual soup bowls and sprinkle with cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Style Curry Soup
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.9
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 221.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: