Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from BHG.
Make and share this Indian Style Curry Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 5 -6 cups cubed eggplants (1/2 inch cubes)
- 3 cups cubed red potatoes (1-inch pieces)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (or 14.5 oz can tomatoes, cut up)
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, mix together the eggplant, potatoes, tomatoes (if using canned, include the liquid), and garbanzo beans.
- Sprinkle the ginger, mustard seeds, coriander, curry powder, and pepper over the vegetables.
- Pour the broth over all.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours; adjust seasoning to taste.
- Ladle into individual soup bowls and sprinkle with cilantro.