Playing Recipe Alphabet, and here's my "I" entry. :) I haven't made this recipe yet, but it looks delicious! I think I'd like to try this after it's been chilled, as well as warm as indicated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs baby red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/3 cup cashew pieces
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1Wash the potatoes well; do not peel them- cut them in half if they're small, into quarters if large.
- 2Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat; add the cashews and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3Remove the nuts from the skillet and set them aside.
- 4In the remaining oil, cook the onion, ginger and garlic over medium-low heat until very tender, about 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in the curry powder, turmeric and salt; add the potatoes and toss with the seasonings.
- 6Add the water and yogurt, cover and cook over medium heat until the potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 7If the heat is too high and the potatoes dry out, add water, a tablespoon at a time (there should be no excess liquid remaining in the pan).
- 8Stir in the cashews, then the cilantro.
- 9Turn the salad out onto a platter or into a bowl and serve at room temperature.
- 10Source: from the LA Times.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Style Curried Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.1
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 308.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 5.9 g