Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Playing Recipe Alphabet, and here's my "I" entry. :) I haven't made this recipe yet, but it looks delicious! I think I'd like to try this after it's been chilled, as well as warm as indicated.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baby red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄3 cup cashew pieces
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- Wash the potatoes well; do not peel them- cut them in half if they're small, into quarters if large.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat; add the cashews and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the nuts from the skillet and set them aside.
- In the remaining oil, cook the onion, ginger and garlic over medium-low heat until very tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the curry powder, turmeric and salt; add the potatoes and toss with the seasonings.
- Add the water and yogurt, cover and cook over medium heat until the potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- If the heat is too high and the potatoes dry out, add water, a tablespoon at a time (there should be no excess liquid remaining in the pan).
- Stir in the cashews, then the cilantro.
- Turn the salad out onto a platter or into a bowl and serve at room temperature.
- Source: from the LA Times.
sounds great I've done variations of this. I might suggest you toast the Cashews first.