1/2 Photos of Indian Style Curried Lamb Shanks
2 hrs 20 mins
2 hrs 10 mins
From a national supermarket. Serve with coriander leaves and yoghurt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 160C (140C fan forced oven).
- 2Heat the oil in a 10 cup capacity flameporoof casserole dish.
- 3Brown the shanks in 2 batches over high heat on stove top and set aside.
- 4Add the onion to the pan and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until very soft and brown.
- 5Add the curry paste and cook stirring for a minute and then stir in the tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil.
- 6Return lamb shanks to the pan, cover tightly and bake for 2 hours in the oven or until the meat is very tender (this could depend on the size of the shanks).
- 7Serve and top with the coriander and serve the yoghurt.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Style Curried Lamb Shanks
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 674.7
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 242.1 mg
- Sodium 332.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 73.3 g