Lorelle in Australia's Note:
This recipe is great for lunches/brunches with a big salad and some cripsy bread. Nothing like the curried egg sandwiches that I grew up with that's for sure! If you like the flavoursome indian tandoori flavour (not hot at all) you will love this recipe. I have my own back yard chooks and find that with their lovely orange yolked eggs and the bright pink of the tandoor this is not just flavoursome, but beautiful in colours! The recipe was on the taste.com.au site and I've been using it regularly for a couple of years now!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon tandoori paste
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, chopped (see note)
- 300 ml cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, halved
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1Cook the rice using absorption, steam or boiling methods.
- 2Meanwhile, head oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and ginger. Cook for 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 3Stir in tandoori paste, tomatoes, stock, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Add eggs. Spoon sauce over eggs and simmer 15 minutes or until sauce thickens and eggs are heated through.
- 4Roughly chop half the coriander. Add to rice with almonds and stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Spoon rice into serving bowls. Spoon over eggs and sauce. Sprinkle with remaining coriander leaves.
- 6NOTE: To peel tomoatoes, cut a small cross in the base of each tomato. Place into a heat-proof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5-10 minutes or until skin begins to curl where it has been cut. Drain. Peel and discard skin.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Style Curried Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.5
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 457.4 mg
- Sodium 151.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 20.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: