Recipe by noway
Posted for ZWT6. Adapted from Sanjeev Kapoor's website to make four servings. If you don't have access to paneer, there are recipes on this site to make it homemade. I have listed the amchur (mango powder) as optional in case you can't find it. The type of cheese sprinkled on top is not specified, I would probably use more paneer.
- 4 large green bell peppers
- 3 medium potatoes, mashed
- 200 g panir, grated
- 10-12 cashews, coarsely ground
- 12-15 raisins
- 9.85 ml amchur (dry mango powder) (optional)
- 7.39 ml cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml garam masala
- fresh cilantro, a few sprigs
- salt, to taste
- 29.58 ml oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, chopped
- 3 green chilies, chopped
- 118.29 ml cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 430F.
- Slice off the tops of the green peppers and remove seeds.
- Slice off thinly from the bottom so that the peppers stand steady when placed on a baking tray.
- Mix potatoes, paneer, cashewnuts, raisins, amchur, cayenne, cumin, garam masala, cilantro and salt. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onion. Cook till translucent and add ginger and green chillies.
- Mix in potato mixture and continue to cook for two minutes.
- Divide this mixture evenly into four portions and stuff the green peppers with the mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and place on baking tray.
- Bake for fifteen minutes.
- Serve immediately.