Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is such a quick, inexpensive and tasty stew for a very cold day. I also like to do this recipe in a crock pot on low for 5 hours.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole kernel corn (drain water)
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 0.5 (10 ounce) soup can water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Place butter in large sauce pan pan and melt.
- Add onion and peppers, cook until tender.
- Add ground beef and cook until brown.
- Drain grease off of beef.
- Add corn, tomato soup, chopped tomatoes, water, worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle in flour and stir.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
This was ok, but needed a lot more spice. It was easy to make though.
Great recipe. Made this for dinner tonight. Had corn muffins to go with it. Yummy meal for a chilly evening. I think the next time I'll try using tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel) just because my family likes things a little spicier.