Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious spinach salad with apples, nuts, raisins and a curry/chutney dressing. Sounds wonderful!
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons chutney, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, unpeeled
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- Combine vinegar, oil, chutney, sugar, curry powder and mustard in a jar. Shake and chill. Place torn spinach in a large bowl; top with apples, raisins, peanuts and green onions. Shake dressing and pour over salad and toss. Prep time does not include refrigeration time for dressing.
As salads with vinaigrette, fruit and nuts go, this is quite good. Nice balance of flavors in the vinaigrette. Reviewed for "For your consideration tag."
The dressing in the salad is a real keeper. So much flavor! It tastes great over the apples, raisins and peanuts. I don't know why, but the salad tastes like a PBJ sandwich to me- but I liked that! Next time I might try some shredded coconut in the salad. [Made & Reviewed for PRMR]
I love the sweet spicy combo of this dressing. I think next time I will use craisins. Either way great!