Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
zaaar world tour 8 sify bawarchi is a good web site for indian food indian take on spanish omelet
Make and share this Indian Spinach Cheese Omelet recipe from Food.com.
- cook potatoes in oil 5 minutes
- add onion and garlic and chilies cook until potatoes tender mix in bowl eggs tomato milk and pepper
- pour over potato mixture
- cook until set on bottom
- add spinach and cheese on 1 side
- flip over top and cook until cheese melts.
- can add lime juice when done.
This made for a wonderful and tasty breakfast, although my execution of the recipe was a little off. I used 3 smallish russet potatoes, which still seemed to be a lot, so I ended up using 6 eggs instead of 5, which worked out perfectly. I did not use the lime juice, but probably would try it next time. Since I realized my omelet was not going to fold in half (the potatoes seemed to weigh it down), I ended up sprinkling the spinach and cheese all over the top (and even added some sharp Cheddar as well), then covered the skillet until the spinach wilted, the cheese melted, and the eggs were set. It ended up sort of like a frittata, but it was still delicious! Thanks for sharing!