I found this recipe in an Indian cookbook and adapted it a little bit to suit our tastes. My fiance calls this the best way of making scrambled eggs. Scrumptious!
- Fry the onion, garlic and chilli until the onions are translucent.
- Add mustard seeds, turmeric and garam masala and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and keep cooking, stirring regularly, until tomatoes start to break up.
- Pour beaten eggs into the pan, season with salt and cook, stirring constantly, until they are done.
- You can serve this garnished with fresh, finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Note: You can use less garlic than the recipe indicates if you don't like it that much, or even cut it out. I don't always have chillies on hand, so I leave them out - all this means is that the eggs will be slightly less spicy, but will still taste really nice.
fast & easy! can be a little spicier, next time i will use more chili peppers & maybe a few small cubes of paneer. delicious!
I made this for this Spring's Pick-A-Chef. I am a big Indian food fan and I like spicy scrambled eggs. This recipe tastes like curried eggs. I used a seeded jalapeno pepper and still found it a bit bland. I gave it 4 stars because although I didn't really like the combo of seasonings...think others would likely enjoy this recipe.
Loved it. If I could give six stars, I would. My husband is still raving about this dish! I halved the quantity of garlic, since the cloves were quite large. And I added a teaspoonful of olive oil when I was frying the onions. I expect to be nagged mercilessly into cooking this again and again and again :-) Thank you for a great recipe!