Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Last night, this was my "quick and simple dinner for ONE" using only ingredients that I had on hand in the pantry : >
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 2 1⁄4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala or 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Bring vegetable stock, olive oil and spices to a boil.
- Add couscous, chickpeas, cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 7-8 minutes.
This was very quick and easy to make. It definitely makes more than enough for 2 or 3 people! I thought with the amount of spices in it that it would have a bit more flavor than it did but I cant complain. My 5 yr old even ate some of it! Thanks!