Recipe by Bonnie G #2
Found this in Food & Wine magazine, sounds easy and a little different salsa, that would go well with all kinds of grilled food. Described as chunky, tangy salsa, fragrant with garam masala the spice that includes coriander, cardamom and cumin. Can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 3 days. Edited to reduce oil as recommended by reviewers
Top Review by awalde
Hi Bonnie! We loved you salsa very much as fresh cilantro is one of my favorite herbs!
I used fresh plum tomatoes for this dish; they were really ripe and "sweet"!
Yum, my guests loved this with the naan bread very much!
Thanks a lot for this recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 serrano chili, with seeds, sliced
- 1 cup onion, white, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat the oil until smoky.
- Add the chile and onion and stir-fry over high heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the garam masala and stir-fry until the onion is crisp-tender, 2 minutes.
- Toss in the tomatoes and lime juice.
- Transfer to a bowl; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.