Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
A sweet and mildly spiced soup perfect for your guests as they wait for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner to be ready. On the upside to that, half of your food won't be missing before it even gets to the table =^_^=
- Boil and mash sweet potatoes. Set aside.
- In a medium stock pot melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add cinnamon stick, black cardamom, green cardamom and bay leaf.
- Stir whole spices until pods burst open.
- Remove whole spices from butter.
- Add ginger/garlic paste and sautéuntil golden brown.
- Add sweet potatoes and mix together.
- While whisking, add in milk and cream and mix until smooth.
- Add coriander, ground red chilie, and nutmeg and stir.
- Simmer on low heat for 35-45 minutes.
- Serve with coriander leaves as a garnish.