Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Main Course Salads by Donna Rodnitzky, c. 1999.
Make and share this Indian-Spiced Salad Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth or 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth or 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Place all of the ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, and shake until well blended.
- Use the dressing immediately, or refrigerate until ready to use.
Definitely not my favorite. It was very thin and not flavorful enough for me.
This has a nice flavor although the cumin is front & center. I made a half recipe to serve on a green salad with an Indian meal. I probably wouldn't use it that way again unless I emulsified it. It is *very* thin. The dressing might be even better used on another type of salad. Sliced tomatoes & cucumber? Marinated onions? A potato salad? It will be fun to try it in other applications. Thank you for sharing the recipe! Made for the Tag Game in the Asian Cooking Forum.