Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I typically use a medium yellow onion instead of 2 shallots because that's usually what we have on hand. It's delicious either way! Also, it usually takes me a lot longer than 10 minutes for all the water to be absorbed, so just keep an eye on it and adjust the time accordingly. The recipe came from Vegan Planet.
- 1 1⁄2 cups quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 cups vegetable stock, heated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, minced
- Rinse the quinoa well to remove the bitter white coating. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and ginger and cook, stirring, until the shallots are slightly softened, about 1 minute. Add the quinoa along with the cardamom, coriander, cumin, and cayenne and stir to coat with the oil. Stir in the hot stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover the cook until all the water is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the raisins, pine nuts, and parsley. Serve hot.
Extremely delicious way to have quinoa! Will definitely make this again, thanks for sharing :)
Made for Healthy Choices ABC.
Incredible! Great for vegans and otherwise. It satisfied everyone's taste buds! Thank-you