1/1 Photo of Indian-Spiced Peas With Tofu
Making Stuff's Note:
From Whole Foods Meals for 4 Under $15.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/8 cup canola oil
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu, excess water removed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 yellow onions, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen green peas, defrosted
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1In a cast iron or heavy saucepan, heat about 1" oil until hot but not smoking.
- 2Toss tofu cubes with corn starch and fry in a single layer until golden brown on all sides. Carefully remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 3Let oil cool slightly and drain off all but about 1/4 cup.
- 4Reheat and sauté onions and ginger until onions are golden brown. Add garam masala and tomatoes and simmer 5 minutes.
- 5Add 1/2 cup water, peas and fried tofu, cover and lower heat, simmer an additional 10–15 minutes. Season to taste.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian-Spiced Peas With Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (485 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.1
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 508.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 13.2 g