Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
So quick & tasty & a great idea for snacks for the Christmas period- be it on the table or given as gifts. Source: Australian Good Taste - December 2005
- 100 g brazil nuts
- 160 g almonds
- 100 g walnut halves
- 145 g cashews
- 100 g packetchang's fried Chinese noodles
- 1 egg white
- 9.85 ml peanut oil
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 9.85 ml ground coriander
- 9.85 ml garam masala
- 4.92 ml sweet paprika
- 4.92 ml ground fennel
- 4.92 ml ground turmeric
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 95 g raisins
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Combine the Brazil nuts, almonds, walnuts, cashews, noodles, egg white, oil, cumin, coriander, garam masala, paprika, fennel and turmeric in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper, then place in a large roasting pan.
- Bake in oven, stirring every 5 minutes, for 15 minutes or until nuts are toasted and mixture is aromatic.
- Add raisins and gently toss to combine.
- Set aside for 30 minutes to cool to room temperature.