Recipe by Rhiannon and Matt
So quick & tasty & a great idea for snacks for the Christmas period- be it on the table or given as gifts. Source: Australian Good Taste - December 2005
- 100 g brazil nuts
- 160 g almonds
- 100 g walnut halves
- 145 g cashews
- 1 (100 g) packetchang's fried Chinese noodles
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 95 g raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Combine the Brazil nuts, almonds, walnuts, cashews, noodles, egg white, oil, cumin, coriander, garam masala, paprika, fennel and turmeric in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper, then place in a large roasting pan.
- Bake in oven, stirring every 5 minutes, for 15 minutes or until nuts are toasted and mixture is aromatic.
- Add raisins and gently toss to combine.
- Set aside for 30 minutes to cool to room temperature.