Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Interesting blend of ingredients! Not sure where I copied this from but I want to get it posted. Serve with Jasmine or Basmati rice. Marination time is not included in cooking time.
- 4 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 8 -12 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces vinegar
- 2 tablespoons peppercorns
- 6 bay leaves
- Place the chicken in large zip-loc style plastic bag.
- Dump the next 9 ingredients in a blender and give a whirl for about 30 seconds.
- Add this marinade to the chicken in the bag and seal.
- Knead bag to mix meat in the marinade and ensure that the meat is covered.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 18-24 hours.
- Place the chicken in the crock pot with the whole peppercorns and bay leaves. (Remove them when serving).
- Cook on high for 6 hours.
I followed the recipe exactly, but the chicken came out very dry. I served it with turmeric rice. It definitely needed some kind of sauce to go with it.