Very similar to the Indian dessert kheer. You can substitute coconut milk, almond milk or soymilk for the skim milk for different flavors!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place milk, raisins and sugar in small saucepan and heat until simmering. Remove from heat and let steep for 10 minutes.
- 2Add spices to milk mixture and mix well.
- 3Pour mixture over couscous and stir to combine.
- 4Add mango and yogurt to couscous and mix well. Spoon in to 4 individual serving cups and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 5Prior to serving, spread almonds on a baking sheet and place in a 400°F oven for about 3 minutes or until lightly browned (watch closely as they can go from toasted to burned very quickly).
- 6Serve pudding sprinkled with toasted almonds.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian-Spiced Mango Couscous Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.2
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 62.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 14.0 g