Recipe by RunninLion
Very similar to the Indian dessert kheer. You can substitute coconut milk, almond milk or soymilk for the skim milk for different flavors!
Top Review by matty.t.walker
Easy to make. I cooked the couscous in the microwave with coconut milk first (watch carefully to prevent boiling over). I also added some sliced bananas. Quick, wholesome and yummy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 cup mango (pureed or diced)
- 6 ounces nonfat yogurt (vanilla or plain)
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Place milk, raisins and sugar in small saucepan and heat until simmering. Remove from heat and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Add spices to milk mixture and mix well.
- Pour mixture over couscous and stir to combine.
- Add mango and yogurt to couscous and mix well. Spoon in to 4 individual serving cups and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Prior to serving, spread almonds on a baking sheet and place in a 400°F oven for about 3 minutes or until lightly browned (watch closely as they can go from toasted to burned very quickly).
- Serve pudding sprinkled with toasted almonds.