Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very similar to the Indian dessert kheer. You can substitute coconut milk, almond milk or soymilk for the skim milk for different flavors!
- Place milk, raisins and sugar in small saucepan and heat until simmering. Remove from heat and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Add spices to milk mixture and mix well.
- Pour mixture over couscous and stir to combine.
- Add mango and yogurt to couscous and mix well. Spoon in to 4 individual serving cups and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Prior to serving, spread almonds on a baking sheet and place in a 400°F oven for about 3 minutes or until lightly browned (watch closely as they can go from toasted to burned very quickly).
- Serve pudding sprinkled with toasted almonds.
Easy to make. I cooked the couscous in the microwave with coconut milk first (watch carefully to prevent boiling over). I also added some sliced bananas. Quick, wholesome and yummy!