Indian-Spiced Lentil Soup
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, sweet potato, and garlic. Cover and cook about 15 minute or until softened.
- Add the tomatoes and their juice.
- Stir in the ginger, cumin, coriander, and cayenne. Add the lentils and water (or stock) and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are tender (about 30 min).
- Add the cilantro, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 10 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Serve hot.