Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 28 mins
From "The South Beach Diet Parties & Holidays Cookbook"
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt or 3⁄4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 10 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, garam masala, paprika, salt, black pepper, and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Divide mixture between 2 large resealable plastic bags.
- Place 5 chicken breasts in each bag, seal bags, and turn to coat chicken with marinade.
- Lay bags flat in the refrigerator.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- Remove chicken from bags.
- Brush grill with oil and grill chicken until cooked through, about 7 minutes per side.
- Serve warm.
- * make-ahead: Chicken can be marinated in resealable plastics bags in the refrigerator up to 1 day.
The marinade was quick to put together. I added about 1/2 tsp agave syrup just to counter the spiciness of the other flavors. I don't have an outdoor grill so I cooked it on my countertop electric grill. The yogurt helped to tenderize the chicken and it had a good, moist texture. The seasonings were good but there wasn't enough of them. I will make this again but next time increase each of the spices.
Oops! I meant 2 Tablespoons of Garam Masala substitute.
I made this tonight for dinner and it turned out fantastic! I took the advice of the other review and 1 and 1/2 the spices, and I used drumsticks instead of breast which took a little longer to cook *about 40 minutes, rotating about every five minutes* but the flavor was great and the chicken was moist, tender and delicious! I will definitely make this again!